SWOT LASERS --- Since 1998, we only focus on lasers.
FAQ for Hair Removal
Release Time：2023-08-21 12:45
1. What is the best laser for hair removal?
- To truly understand what is the best laser for hair removal it is most important to focus on the science of a laser and think beyond a brand. All laser companies will brand or apply a marketing campaign behind the laser. This is good and bad as it will allow recognition of the product but also gives false ideas behind science. It’s important to understand what a laser is because regardless of brand, science doesn’t change. There are 3 main types of lasers for hair removal which are an alexandrite laser, diode laser, and Nd:Yag laser. All of these lasers are long pulse durations with longer resting times on the skin. Depending on what skin types you’re seeing in your clinic and your budget will determine which of these 3 types of lasers is best.
2. Will all hair be removed? Or can it be just reduced?
- It can take a few sessions to see complete hair reduction. If you’re not ready to reduce all hair talk to your therapist about limiting the treatment plan.
3. What do I need to do to prepare for my Laser Hair Removal appointment?
- Shave treatment area at least 12-24 hours prior to your treatment
- Avoid chemical peels or laser resurfacing treatments at least 4 weeks before your treatment
- Exfoliate the treatment area at least 3 days before your treatment
- Ensure no residue fake tan is present on the skin
- Avoid excessive sun exposure on the area being treated two weeks prior (including solariums or tanning drugs)
- Avoid using topical creams/moisturisers, perfumes to the area being treated before the appointment
- Do not wax, use depilatory creams or pluck hairs four weeks prior to laser treatment
4. Does Laser Hair Removal hurt?
- One of the benefits of Laser Hair Removal is that the treatment is virtually painless, especially compared to waxing. Each pulse lasts less than a second, producing a slight tingling feeling. In particularly sensitive areas, such as the upper lip, it may feel like a rubber band snap on the skin. We use an advanced cooling machine in conjunction with our laser device to reduce the heat sensation on the skin and minimise any discomfort.
5.How often do I need to get Laser Hair Removal?
- Depending on the hair, skin type, and body area being treated, you will require treatments at 4-6 weeks intervals. For the facial area, treatments should be done in 2-week intervals unless recommended otherwise.
- Each part of the facial and body area has a different growing cycle, so hair reduction will vary depending on what stage your follicles are in at the time of the treatment. After each treatment hair is reduced hence it is important to complete the entire recommended course of treatments and at consistent intervals for best results. We recommend a series of 8-12 treatments and maintenance treatments every 2-3 months for permanent hair reduction.
- However, as everyone is unique, we access all our clients on a case-by-case basis. During your complimentary consultation, your therapist will discuss a schedule that works with your desired results.
6.Can I still get Laser Hair Removal if I am pregnant?
- There are no conclusive studies on laser being safe or unsafe for pregnant women. We advise our pregnant clients to obtain mandatory medical clearance prior to proceeding with treatment.
7. Can I have Laser Hair Removal if I am on certain medications?
- Certain medications can cause photo-sensitivity to the skin and this may affect the skin's reaction to the treatment. These medications are but not limited to oral and topical vitamin A's, antibiotics, and certain anti-depressants. It is best to speak with your medical professional and obtain medical clearance. After obtaining medical clearance, we are able to test patch you with the laser to determine it is safe to commence treatment.
8. Will all the treated hair be removed in one treatment?
- No, each Laser Hair Removal treatment provides a 10%-15% hair reduction. It's important to complete the initial course of 10 treatments and at consistent intervals for optimal results. We recommend a series of 8-12 treatments done at monthly intervals and maintenance treatments every 2-3 months for permanent hair reduction. You can choose to extend the intervals if you prefer to have a minimal reduction.
9. Can I have my treatment when I am menstruating
- Yes - you can still have laser hair removal treatment while on your period. We advise you to wear a tampon or menstrual cup if you would like to have the Brazilian area treated
10. What is the aftercare for Laser Hair Removal treatments?
- For 24 -48 hours after the treatment, please avoid excessive sweating, hot showers, shaving, waxing, and plucking the treatment area.
11. Is this Laser Hair Removal right for me?
- our Laser Hair Removal technology is safe enough to be used on any part of the body and is suitable for different skin types whilst ensuring maximum results.
12. Can I still get Laser Hair Removal if I am on birth control?
- Yes - our Laser Hair Removal treatment is safe for individuals on birth control including oral contraceptive pills and IUD.
13. Do hair supplements affect my treatment results?
- Yes - hair supplements can affect your treatment progress as they can stimulate hair growth. We recommend to not consume hair supplements during the treatment course.
14. Are there side effects from Laser Hair Removal?
- Temporary side effects may include: redness, itchy skin, mild follicle swelling, irritation on treatment areas. All of which are normal post Laser Hair Removal treatment. It is important to follow the correct prep and aftercare to receive maximum results with minimal side effects to the treatment.
15. What Are The Benefits Of Laser Hair Removal?
- Laser treatments leave your skin smoother and silkier. Best of all, laser hair removal treatments are safe, fast, gentle, and effective.
16. What Are Laser Hair Removal Treatment Areas?
- Laser treatments can treat several follicles at once, so it is possible to treat larger areas such as:
17. Why Do Laser Hair Removal?
- Larger areas may be treated using lasers than with electrolysis or tweezing. It combines the speed of shaving with the lasting results promised by electrolysis. Laser hair removal is effective on almost any area of the body where smoother, younger, hair-free skin is desired.
18. How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
- The laser slows the growing capacity of follicles in the growth cycle at the treatment time. Some hair follicles may be in the resting process and not enter their growth cycle until after your treatment, which is why multiple treatments are often required to deliver optimal results. Treatment results will vary from patient to patient, depending on skin and hair color and other individual factors.
19. What Occurs In A Laser Hair Removal Treatment Session?
- Laser hair removal is a gentle, three-step process. First, the shaved area is scanned with the laser. Next, laser energy passes through the skin and is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle. In a fraction of a second, the hair follicles are treated.
20. How Long Is A Laser Hair Removal Session?
- Treatment sessions can last from a few minutes to over an hour, depending on the size of the area being treated. After your treatment, you can return to your normal activities. The use of sunscreen is recommended on any treated areas exposed to the sun.
21. How Many Laser Hair Removal Treatments Are Needed?
- The number of treatments you may require for optimal long-term benefits depends on the area you wish to have treated, the hair density, and your hair’s growth cycle. Your hair grows in cycles, and many factors influence its growth. Age, ethnicity, weight, hormones, diet, medication, and metabolism all play a part in your hair’s location, thickness, and rate of growth. Based on large clinical trials, 70% hair reduction is usually achieved after 3 treatments, but 4-6 treatments may be needed for greater than 95% removal.